I love Mary Connealy's books. I stumbled upon her books while looking for books on a website under one of those "if you like this you might like this" links. I went to the bookstore down the street and they just so happened to have the Lassoed in Texas Trilogy. It looked familiar, so I bought it. I was totally unaware of what Petticoat Ranch, Calico Canyon, and Gingham Mountain would do to me! I was hooked. These books are laugh out loud funny! Of course I love historical fiction so this was perfect! It has been a little more than two years since I bought this book and I have read 17 of her books, I think. Does that say something? I think so! I have read more Mary Connealy books than any other author! Well that's true if you don't consider those series I read as a young girl. So for that reason I decided to to write about Mary's books for my first book review on my blog.
What I love, love, love about Lassoed in Texas...
1. It's 3 books in one
2. The characters all overlap
3. I am a totally fascinated with the idea of a marriage of convenience
4. I couldn't put it down
5. I laughed out loud more than once, quite alot actually
6. I really never knew what would happen next
7. Each book has women who are strong and independent because they had to be, but all opened up to the love and support of the hero
8. In Petticoat Ranch I love that the drama that always surrounds Clay and Sophie and the girls
9. In Calico Canyon I love how Grace, the only woman in the family, learns to understand Daniel and his boys. Did I mention that I have three boys?
10. In Gingham Mountain I love how Grant and Hannah meet because of their love for certain orphaned children and the interesting family that they have.
Needless to say I loved this trilogy! I have read and re-read this book, passed it to friends and suggested it to many. I hope you enjoy it too!
I am a Christ follower. I am wife to a wonderful husband. I am mom to three loving and energetic little boys. I teach music and chapel at my boy's preschool.Somewhere I find time to sew and do machine embroidery and applique. Despite all of those other things I still find time to keep my nose in a book!