Sunday, October 7, 2012

Twice a Bride by Mona Hodgson - My Review

Twice a Bride is the fourth book in the Sinclair Sisters of Cripple Creek series.  I was eager to read this book because I thoroughly enjoyed the first three books in the series.  I wasn't disappointed in the book, I thought it was another great book by Mona Hodgson.  I do however think that it is important to read the other books in the series.  I found myself trying to recall things from the past books to help pull things together in the current story.  The stories don't really continue from book to book, but the characters reoccur.

The fourth book is not about a Sinclair sister, but about Willow Peterson who is the sister in law of Ida Sinclair Raines.  I had a hard time recalling Willow's backstory and felt myself needing to reread.  There was enough detail to help me understand the character again though.  Willow is a widow and an artist.  She is trying to figure out how to make her own way after the loss of her husband and then her father.  Trenton Van Der Veer is a photographer setting down roots for the first time after leaving his fiance that was not who he thought.  Trenton needs an artist to colorize photos and paint portraits of his photgraphs.  Willow answers his ad in the local paper and is thrilled about doing what she loves.  Both are very guarded emotionally and not expecting to ever find love again.  All the same characters are back and Harlan Sinclair finally makes it to Cripple Creek to reunite with his daughters and meet the rest of his new family, but he doesn't arrive without a few surprises.

Overall this is a good book that I would recommend as part of a series. It was a nice ending to the series.  I will look for more books to come out by Mona Hodgson. I was given this book free by the publisher in exchange for my review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment