Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Heiress of Winterwood


This is something different.  Regency era fiction is not my usual, but I have recently become a fan of a popular TV show of set in this era so this book intrigued me.  I wasn't disappointed by any means.  When you read alot the plot of a book often seems familiar like you've read it before, but not this book!  I would think I had it figured out and then something would change.  I didn't want to put it down.  Amelia was a fabulous main character.  She had spunk to say what she wanted and was a devout loyal friend.  She made true sacrifices in this book.  The character of Captain Graham was also very likeable and a sweet father!  I love the relationship that they formed out of necessity and then becoming more.  There were many other characters that I wanted to know more about and can only assume we will learn about in the following book.  I was glad to know that this is the first in the series because I have questions and want to read for the answers.  Great job Sarah Ladd!

Thank you to NetGalley for my copy to review!

No comments:

Post a Comment