Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Another Author I Love - Deanne Gist

I am trying to think back to how I found Deanne Gist's books.  I honestly think I had seen them online, but found a couple of them at a bargain price at the local bookstore so I grabbed them because I was drawn to the covers.  I think the first one I read was A Bride in the Bargain and then A Bride Most Begrudging. They are both wonderful books.  After reading them I went out and purchased all of Deanne's books that were available, it was 2010 so that would be all of her books except the newest one released just this past October.  The next one I read was The Measure of a Lady and I immediately liked the setting and found myself researching some of the locations and comparing notes with locations in Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. 

These are her books
1. A Bride Most Begrudging
2. The Measure of a Lady
3. Courting Trouble *
4.  Deep in the Heart of Trouble *
5.  A Bride in the Bargain
6.  Beguiled
7.  Maid to Match
8. Love on the Line
  * These should be read in order

They are all stories of young love and they are passionate.  I really enjoyed every one of them.  A few of them are "edgy" and some readers found that too hard to swallow.  I am of the mindset that Christians aren't perfect so why should all Christian books be stories that have perfect characters?  I also have a hard time with people who don't think Christian fiction shouldn't discuss passion. I have read the Bible, and Song of Solomon for that matter.  I know that God designed marriage and every part of it.  I am also very aware that God gives us specific instructions of how to live lives that are pleasing to him. We all have sin, but we all can be washed of those sins. 

Deanne Gist is a great author.  Her books might not be for everyone and that is ok.  There are plenty of books out there that I have no desire to read, but hers are not in that category.  If you haven't read them I encourage you to try them.  I have passed them to many a friend who loved them!



  
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I have such big love for Deeanne Gist! I think The Measure of a Lady might just be my favorite Christian fiction book of all. I just loved the dynamic between the hero and heroine in that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your blog. I've just dicovered it :). I certainly agree with your comment about christian books and passion and I like Deanne Gist as well as other authors you like ♥

    ReplyDelete