Friday, February 24, 2012

In Too Deep by Mary Connealy

It's no secret that I love Mary Connealy's books.  I waited and waited for In Too Deep to release.  I didn't think it would ever be delivered to my Kindle!  When I finally got it I believe that I read it in record time.  I found myself reading in the 5 minutes I have between classes at school.  What can I say, I couldn't put it down.  I loved Out of Control, but I LOVED In Too Deep!

In Too Deep follows the Kincaid family, specifically Ethan Kincaid.  We met Rafe, Julia, Ethan, Seth, Audra and her kids in the first book, this picks up exactly where the first one left off.  Ethan is always smiling and seems to not really have any worries or cares and Audra is a young mom of two who wants to make it on her own.  Rafe, the control freak and loving older brother, pretty much insists that Ethan and Audra marry out of necessity.  Ethan and Audra agree because something has to be done, but they have no clue what they are in for.  Ethan doesn't want to care and Audra wants to be strong and independent.  Their hearts begin to open up and they become this precious family all while there are crazy people chasing them for money that they don't even know exists and a somewhat crazy brother living with them. 

There is truly a sweet love story here.  Audra's first marriage wasn't based on love and she expects the same thing the second time around, but knows that Ethan is much kinder.  Ethan really has no clue what it means to be a loving husband.  It is refreshing to see how innocent that Ethan really is.  I loved reading about how they both grow so much and begin to understand together what it means to be a loving husband and wife. 

The drama of the missing money keeps me guessing. I really have no clue what happened to it or what it really is.  I keep thinking it has something to do with cigars.  After reading the book I went back and reread each book to give me a better picture of the whole situation as well as the different relationships.  And then there is Callie, I needed to see how many times the memory of her appeared. 

Needless to say I loved the book!  The relationship of Audra and Ethan ranks up there with Belle and Silas from The Husband Tree.  I think they are some of Mary's best characters and one of the best romances.  I am anxiously awaiting Over the Edge. I want to know what on earth is going on with Seth and where all this missing fortune went. It will be a long time before I can climb back up from the cliff Mary left me hanging on.   

1 comment:

  1. Love your review! Mary Connealy is one of my absolute favorite authors too and I loved this book. I share your feelings on this being one of her best couples and I'm too anxiously awaiting Over The Edge!

    ReplyDelete