Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Song of My Heart by Kim Vogel Sawyer - My Review


I waited and waited for this book to arrive in my mailbox.  I haven't read alot of Kim Vogel Sawyer's books, but I have enjoyed the ones I have read.  This book really appealed to me because of the musical aspect.  I love music.  I finally received the book on Monday and started reading immediately.  It didn't take me long to realize that I liked it.  I finished in a little more than a day!

Sadie Wagner is the oldest in her family and used to taking care of everybody.  She loves her family and feels the need to help provide for them after her stepfather is injured and cannot work. Her cousin Sid comes through with a respectable job opportunity for her in Kansas as a store clerk and there is also the possibility of singing in the town's new opera house.  Sadie and her parents feel that God is calling her to Kansas.  Thad is also called to Goldtree, Kansas as the sheriff and is given the challenge of uncovering who is in charge of a bootleg operation. Upon arrival Sadie and Thad are drawn to each other and Sid isn't so sure he likes it. 

Sadie struggles with trying to provide for her family the best way she can and making sure she goes about it the right way without compromising her beliefs.  Thad is struggling with his call in life and the roadblocks that keep popping up. 

All in all it is a sweet romance with a strong faith base.  The characters are engaging and likeable and some are just quirky.  The main characters have struggles in their faith that allow the reader to see how they conquer the issue and grow from it. 

I would recommend this book for a light, enjoyable read for any age.

I received this book from Bethany House for free to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment